Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Warren Pierce Show -WJR Radio

While watching Monday night football with Chris and Tony, I brought up the fact that I beat Tony to Cool the day before, even though he took a slightly longer running route. Both Chris and I were delighted that I beat him. After that discussion was over, Tony told me the trail he wanted to run for the next day and I agreed.

Tuesday is our typical running day. As we were heading out to run this morning, he told me he would race me to the wooden bridge at Brown’s bar. Again, he knew that I would likely take a shorter trail. I asked him why he didn’t tell me the night before that he wanted to race. He replied that he didn’t want me to worry and lose a night’s sleep over it. Then he admitted that he wanted to see how he would feel in the morning.

Well, on our race, I heard him coming up behind me, and he caught me prior to the wooden bridge. He was pleased and I was less pleased. I might add that there was plenty of laughter on Monday evening and Tuesday morning regarding our discussion. In essence, we laugh a lot at our idiosyncrasies. Further, Chris was about a 2: 25 marathoner; and Tony and I are still waiting to experience the “runners high.” As far as we are concerned, it’s simply a myth. We all laugh about that also.

On Another note, I was pleasantly informed that I was invited to be on The Warren Pierce Show, Saturday, November 29th at 7:50 AM on station WJR. For those that don’t know, I’ll be talking about my book “Bo’s Warriors-Bo Schembechler and the Transformation of Michigan Football” prior to the Michigan, Ohio State rivalry game. Hopefully, Michigan will pull the upset like they did 45 years ago against the Buckeyes. Make sure you tune in Saturday morning to the show.

 I must admit that I grew up in Detroit, Michigan, listening to WJR, since my family didn’t receive a television set until I was roughly an adolescent. So, I listened to the radio stations WJR, WWJ and WXYZ. Anyway, I’m likely to have many dreams this week that pertain to Detroit.


In the meantime, keep moving, smiling, laughing, bonding, loving and appreciating. Don’t forget, Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment