Thursday, October 2, 2014

Go Blue

Linda and I just returned from Michigan, where we launched my new book, “Bo’s Warriors” Bo Schembechler and the Transformation of Michigan Football. We started with a Barnes & Noble book signing with Mike Keller in Grand Rapids, on 9/21 and from there headed towards Ann Arbor. On 9/22. I presented to the Ann Arbor, Michigan Alumni along with Coach Brady Hoke. I was joined by Mike Keller, Jim Betts, and Jim Brandstatter. The next day, on 9/23, I did a Barnes & Noble book signing in Shelby Township. On Wednesday morning Sam Webb interviewed Mike Keller, Jim Betts and I on his radio talk show. That evening I was a guest on Jim Brandstatter and the Brady Hoke radio show, and was joined by Mike Keller, and Jim Betts. Thursday evening I was joined by Thom Darden, Jim Brandstatter, Mike Keller, and Jim Betts for a book signing at the M Den in Ann Arbor. Earlier in the day Coach Gary Moeller signed books as well. On Sunday the 28th, Fritz Seyferth joined me for a book signing at the Barnes & Noble in Northville.

The experience with the players was simply joy. I had a fun time and was on such a high. It is clear that these players from the 1969 historic Michigan team like each other. It is also clear that they bonded as a team and that connection is still strong. One memory was at the M Den signing. In my book, I titled Jim Brandstatter as the Duke. He is funny and quite the entertainer. The joy, the laughing was contagious. Jim does impersonations especially of John Wayne. He also initiated singing popular rock ‘n roll songs of the 60s. And of course, Jim Betts, Thom Darden and Mike Keller embellished along the way.

I am very blessed that I got the opportunity to meet and write about these guys. In the process, they have become friends. And that my friends is my real reward for writing this book.

Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment