Friday, September 28, 2018

Jonathan Jordan, Esq.


Last Sunday, after my trail run, Linda greeted me, “I have some bad news; Jonathan died.” I looked at her in disbelief. How could my dear friend have died? Jonathan was trail running at Horse Thief Canyon with Elijah Saturday. Elijah being faster, took off ahead of his father. He stopped after some distance, turned around, calling to his father, while running back in the direction of Jonathan. He finally came upon Jonathan who was propped up against a tree, only too late.
The last time I saw Jonathan, Elijah, and his two other high school aged boys. Ethan and Atticus were last February. Atticus was a designated driver as he dropped us off at the start of the Salmon Falls 50 K. I miss you Jonathan.
I first met the tall, good-looking, charming Jonathan with a southern drawl dressed in a cowboy hat, T-shirt and sweats at the Quicksilver Ride and Tie, about 16 or 17 years ago. We struck up a conversation at the event, and quickly became friends. Whenever I would compete in a ride and tie in the San Diego area, Linda and I stayed with Jonathan, his wife Tara and the three boys. Reciprocally, whenever Jonathan or his family came to our area, they stayed with Linda and me. In fact, for the last 12 or 13 years, Jonathan came up to run either the Cool 50 K or the Salmon Falls 50 K.
To Be  Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment