Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Good And the Ugly Part 3

According to the study, being overweight can be rationalized as being healthy, only if you ignore increasing the probability of developing heart disease. These two articles were not at all “cognitive dissonance” for me. I talk the talk and walk the walk as far as health. My BMI index is normal; I trail run; play pickle ball; very my physical workouts by performing chin-ups, push-ups; employ heavy bands for various pulls and crunches; along with eating my favorite food- ice cream. For more detailed information regarding health and passion strategies, I refer you to my book “It Has Nothing to Do with Age.” I wanted to convey, by the title, that age and aging has to do with perception and not some arbitrary number defined by someone else. By now, all of us should know that people “age” differently. Some people, walk hunched over with a cane and talk incessantly about their ills, aches, pains and medical condition. Others, like Daniela, Donald, Russ Kiernan, Jim Steere, Lew Hollander, Jack Sholl, Doc Shay, Beverlee Bentley, and Sammie Stanbro did not let “age” define them. They in fact continue to live their lives with passion. I am currently not competing in one day 100 mile events. Instead, I run trail events from 10 miles to 50 k’s. Moreover, I no longer have “a bucket list” as in that movie with Jack Nicholson, Morgan Freeman and others. However, my character has deepened; I have acquired more wisdom; not afraid to say “I don’t know” and I have a grin on my face after completing my trail running events. I know I’m soon going to have ice cream with friends. I have provided prescriptions for the lengthening of lifespan in my book that have worked for me. They might even work for you. PS Keep Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment