Friday, June 30, 2017

What Is Well-Being? Part 5

Ride and tie, endurance riding, and running have inspired me. This physical activity allowed me to improve both my physical and mental fitness. When you are on the trail running, as much as we do, it’s very difficult to feel anxious, or depressed. Sure, one feels tired and beaten up, but not anxious or depressed-and that’s one significant important difference. In order to experience a meaningful healthful psychological life, one has to be able to have expectations, set significant and realistic goals and push oneself for their accomplishment. Thinking about the future, as in goal setting, allowed me to always have hope, optimism, joy, or disappointment in my life, which contributes to having both better psychological and physical health. Running outdoors nurtures spirituality and allowed me to think more clearly about my troubles, solutions to such, life dilemmas as well as the meaning and purpose in my life. I’ve learned firsthand, about expectations, and goal setting through my activities as well as meeting my needs of abasement, achievement, affiliation, autonomy, dominance, nurturance, play, sex, succorance etc. in accordance. This physical activity allowed me to overcome and deal more effectively with the various elements in the environment as well as my aging [Improves my neurocognitive functions by altering the trajectories of critical brain circuits] process. My commitment, my involvement, and my well-being is dependent on my ability to incorporate a healthy and endurance driven lifestyle with everyday living. This is me and who and what I am. PS Thank you Linda dear for your love and support. On a related note, Tony informed me that when I completed in 2002 the 100 mile one day Western States run, in which I placed second and an age division winner in my 60-69 age group . Ralph came in two minutes in front of me and was a friend that introduced me to the product Gu a few years earlier. My finishing time would have also placed me second this year as well. Thanks, Tony, for that information as that brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment